Maze Presbyterian Church Kirk Session are continuing to monitor closely the developing situation around the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
We will always aim to be guided by the best advice from the Public Health Agency and seek to respond appropriately. While services, activities and organisations are carrying on as normal at present, we will continue to review this on a day-to-day basis.
Public Health Guidelines
We strongly encourage you to follow the updated public health guidelines.
- In line with Public Health advice we encourage you to avoid attending Sunday Worship and attending Organisations if you have any of the symptoms associated with Coronavirus (cough, temperature, shortness if breath etc).
- If you have been instructed to self-isolate, please do not return to Church services or activities until you are declared fit to do so by a medical practitioner.
- Please be careful about hand hygiene, regularly washing hands with soap and water and/or using hand sanitising gel.
- Please seek to catch any coughs or sneezes in a tissue and dispose of it carefully immediately afterwards.
Additional Measures Being Taken
Again, we endorse good and wise practices at the moment. In light of all that’s going on, here are some changes and precautions that we will be taking. This is in no way an exhaustive list and we will monitor it on a daily basis, making the appropriate changes:
- Handshakes and hugs are not the most prudent thing at present, and given that we are very relational, we ask you to be wise and not take offence if refused.
- Tea and coffee will still be available. Also, please be mindful of the distance between you and others.
- Offering plates will not be passed along the rows, but a plate will be at the exit and ushers will be at the Church door after the service with plates for people to put their offering into (non contact basis) . Also, you can give using Direct Debit if you prefer.
- Whilst these guidelines apply to our Sunday gatherings, each of our organisations will be adopting similar protocols as appropriate.
- We have reviewed and increased our cleaning regime around the building
- We encourage all people coming on site to wash their hands.
- Be mindful of elderly and vulnerable neighbours and ensure they have enough food.
At Maze Presbyterian Church we will continue to do all we can to maintain high levels of hygiene and we will explain some simple steps that we are taking when we gather this Sunday morning.
Please keep on praying for God’s protection and comfort in this worrying time and let us do everything we can to extend care and support to one another and to our community, taking every opportunity to show the love of God and give the reason for the hope that we have.